The Engineering Division manages the City's program to develop, implement and enforce a stormwater management program designed to reduce the discharge of pollutants to the maximum extent practicable, to protect water quality, and to satisfy the appropriate requirements of the Clean Water Act (CWA) in accordance with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II program. The SWMP addresses the Six Minimum Control Measures as required by state regulations in order to reduce adverse effects on the stormwater discharges.
The content of this page is aimed at informing the public about our Storm Water systems and how to properly take advantage of resources available to them.
The six minimum control measures are:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Participation/Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
- Post Construction Storm Water Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations.