- Smoke alarm batteries should be changed at least once a year (during fall time change).
- Some smoke alarms now come with 10 year lithium ion batteries that do not need changed.
- The safest smoke alarm to have is a photoelectric type but it's recommended to have a combination of ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms in your home.
- All smoke alarms have a replacement date of 10 years.
- Always know two ways out of any structure and practice fire safety and fire drills with your children.
Don't forget that when you change your clocks this Sunday morning, change your smoke alarm batteries too!