The Wooster Recreation Department reserves the right to CLOSE registration and put individuals on a waitlist based on totals in each age group at any time before or after the registration deadline. Any individuals added to a roster will be taken from the waitlist in the order they were placed on it. If minimum enrollment is not met in any one age group those registered may be refunded and the program may not be offered in that age group.
Wooster Recreation Spring 2021 Youth Soccer League
Dates: April 17th - May 22nd
Registration is now closed for all Spring 2021 Youth Soccer Programs. Due to COVID-19 we had to limit the total number of participants in each age group. It is our hope that we will not have the same limit when we have soccer again in the fall. Please check back in mid July for registration information for Fall Soccer.
Spectators are defined as family members of any youth soccer program participant who are coming to watch a practice or a scrimmage.
- Spectators must conduct daily symptom assessments. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Spectators need to remain 6ft. away from others at all times, unless you are with people from your own household. If unable to do so masks must be worn.
- Spectators may only gather in groups of the same family/household.
- Family members must sit together, socially distanced from other individuals/family groups.
- No congregating at the Wooster Soccer Complex before or after practices or games. This includes players, coaches, athletic trainers or officials.
- Typically you would find 5 sets of bleachers spread out throughout the Wooster Soccer Complex. Those bleachers have been removed; please plan on bringing your own chairs or blankets to sit on while watching practices or games.
- On all fields spectators and players from each team will be seated on the same side of the field.
- For games on the following fields 5, 6, 13, 14 spectators and players from the home team will be seated on the east sideline while away team spectators and players will be seated on the west sideline. Players “benches” will be on the north half of the field, spectators will be seated on the south half of the field.
- For games on fields 8 and 12 spectators and players from the home team will be seated on the north sideline while away team spectators and players will be seated on the south sideline. Players “benches” will be on the east half of the field, spectators will be seated on the west half of the field.
- Spectators please allow enough room for coaches to coach teams independently and not be sitting directly next to the player bench.
- To maintain appropriate social distance from other parties, sit with only your immediate family and please set up your chairs/blankets 6ft away from other family units. (If you are unable to maintain 6ft social distance while watching a match masks will need to be worn)
- If the total number of spectators allows it, please spread out as much as possible.
Individuals at the Wooster Soccer Complex must have masks with them at all times. Please see below for more specific guidelines for each type of participant.
Masks must be worn by all individuals inside the complex restroom facilities.
- Masks must be worn when you are not in the game.
- Masks must be worn on the sideline.
- Masks should be worn on arrival and departure from the complex.
- Per guidance from the Wayne County Health Department ALL COACHES MUST have a mask on their person at all times.
- Masks must be worn when interacting with players in close proximity. (while on the sideline and close to substitutes players)
- Masks must be worn when attending to an injured player.
*While a coach is in their own space and able to coach from the sideline with no participants close they do not need to have a face covering.
- Masks must be worn on the sideline when you cannot maintain 6ft distance between other spectators.
- Everyone must have a mask in their possession at all times.
- Masks must be worn in the restrooms at the complex.
The complex restrooms are being cleaned 7 days a week and are being disinfected with a misting machine containing a CDC approved COVID-19 sanitizing product 5 days a week.
CDC approved hand sanitizer and hand soap are available for use in the men's and women's restrooms located at the complex.
If restrooms are full please form a socially distanced line outside and wait to enter the space until room becomes available.
Masks must be worn inside all restroom facilities.
YOUTH LEAGUE DATES
Spring 2021 April 17th - May 22nd
All registrations must be submitted online. No e-mail registrations will be accepted.
Payments are due at time of registration. Any questions regarding payment options contact Recreation Coordinator responsible for the Youth Soccer Program at 330-263-5207.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION - WOOSTER STUDENTS
Spring 2021, Register online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/woostercity/Home or by coming to the Recreation and Community Center to sign up in person beginning in February.
For more information about practices please refer to our activities brochure.
LEAGUE AGE GROUPS AND DIVISIONS
|1st and 2nd Grade||One Division||Boys/Girls|
|3rd and 4th Grade||A and B Divisions||Boys/Girls|
|5th and 6th Grade||A and B Divisions||Boys/Girls|
|7th and 8th Grade||A and B Divisions pending total number of registrations||Boys/Girls|
If a Club/Organization enters 2 teams in the same age group at least one team MUST be entered into the "A" division.
All Club and Travel Level players must play in the "A" division. (Exceptions to this rule based on skill level of players may be made. All requests should be directed through Wooster Recreation program director).
All league games are played at the Wooster Soccer Complex on Burbank Road.
All individuals registered in the Regional League MUST be in 7th and 8th grade.
$275.00 - 1st and 2nd Grade Teams
$300.00 - 3rd and 4th Grade Teams
$300.00 - 5th and 6th Grade Teams
$400.00 - Wayne Regional Soccer League Teams
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER LEAGUE
League Dates: Next session Summer 2021
Games would be played over the course of 7 weeks on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in June.
Registration Fee: Resident Team $250.00
Non- Resident Team $275.00
* To qualify as a resident team 80% of the team must live within or have a parent who works within the Wooster City Limits.
For High School Boys and Girls entering grades 9 - 12 in the fall. NO graduated college bound players are permitted to participate in this league.
All games will be played on Mondays or Tuesdays at 4:15, 5:30, 6:45 or 8:00pm at the Wooster Soccer Complex or WHS Follis Field.
All make up games will be played on Wednesdays or Thursdays of the same week.
Registration will be limited to the first 50 teams.
The final game schedule will be posted online
Rosters must be submitted online.
All participants must have a current participant waiver on file with our department.
Individuals are needed to officiate in our fall and spring Youth Leagues, Summer High School League, Youth Travel League and our Winter Indoor High School Futsal League. Please see the information below pertaining to each league and the opportunities available to become a certified official:
Spring League Dates: April - June (Saturdays)
Fall League Dates: September - October (Saturdays)
Age of Participants: 1st - 8th grade
Age Eligibility to Officiate: 8th Grade and older
Pay: $20.00 per game for all certified officials
$15.00 per game for all non-certified officials
Games are scheduled prior to the start of the season. All officials are asked to attend a mandatory pre-season meeting to go over league rules and expectations for the season.
Summer High School League, Youth Travel League, Winter Indoor High School Futsal League, Wooster Memorial Tournament
Summer High School League Dates: June - July (Mondays and Tuesdays)
Youth Travel League: September - October, April - June (Sundays)
Winter Indoor High School Futsal League: November - March (Sundays)
Wooster Memorial Tournament: Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend each year.
These games are assigned by our Wooster Soccer Association Referee assigner. Any individuals interested in officiating in these leagues may contact the Recreation Coordinator in charge of the Youth Soccer Program for more information.
Concussion Certification: A current certification must be on file with our department prior to beginning the season.
Youth League, Summer High School and Winter Indoor Futsal League officials will be paid at the conclusion of the season for any games officiated.
Youth Travel League officials will be paid at each game officiated.
Becoming USSF Certified:
The Ohio North Referee Committee offers a USSF NEW OFFICIALS CLINIC multiple times throughout the year. These classes take place in two parts; an online curriculum and an in person clinic.
Online Curriculum: up to $75.00
Register online at ohnrefs.org by clicking on “Becoming a Referee” under the Ohio North Classes tab at the top of the page. Read through ALL information and follow ALL necessary steps to get registered. Once you have registered, successfully completed the online material, and pass an online exam, you will receive a grade/age access code to sign up for an in-person clinic.
Please note - the online module may be completed at any time, and will go over 17 different “laws of the game.” There are review questions at the conclusion of each section and an open book online exam over all of the content. The online exam can be taken as many times as needed to pass.
In - Person Clinic:
The in-person clinic is offered in multiple locations throughout the state. Some of the clinics have up to a $25.00 charge to attend, others are free.
More information pertaining to the certification process is provided at the ohnrefs.org website. The Wooster Recreation Department does try to offer a new referee and a referee re-certification clinic locally each year.