The Wooster Recreation Department reserves the right to CLOSE registration and put individuals on a waitlist based on totals in each age group at any time before or after the registration deadline. Any individuals added to a roster will be taken from the waitlist in the order they were placed on it. If minimum enrollment is not met in any one age group those registered may be refunded and the program may not be offered in that age group.
1. Teams will be seated on opposite sides of the courts from one another (east and west) each team will sit on the side spectators from their school will be sitting on.
2. Start times will be spread out to allow for the players and spectators finishing up a game to exit the facility and for the space to be cleaned before players and spectators enter for the next game.
3. Team rosters will be limited to 12 players maximum and 2 coaches. Rosters must be submitted prior to Sunday, January 10th.
4. In order to adhere to the maximum capacity limit at the Gault and to allow them to be open for members spectators will be limited to 1 per player and all spectators will be required to check in prior to entering the facility.
5. Spectators will be expected to enter the facility at one door and exit the facility using a different door.
6. Participants not in the game will be required to wear masks while sitting on the bench. This will be strictly enforced.
7. Coaches and spectators will be expected to wear masks the entire time they are in the facility. This will be strictly enforced.
8. Officials will wear masks into the facility and keep their masks on until the start of the games.
9. A coin toss to determine who starts with the ball will not take place. The team indicated as the home team on the schedule will start the first half with the ball.
10. Teams/coaches will be asked to wipe down the bench area prior to leaving their game to get ready for the next game. Officials will be asked to wipe the game ball down in between games and the score flip chart when they finish their final game.
11.Cleaning supplies will be provided to you by the Wooster Recreation Department.
12. Please be aware that the Gault WILL be open for member use throughout the game.
13. Players will be expected to complete a symptom check and take their temperature prior to attending and playing in matches each week. Any player experiencing signs or symptoms of COIVD-19 will not be allowed to participate and shall stay home.
Wooster Recreation and Community Center
Indoor Futsal Soccer Rules 2020/2021
1. Equipment and Jewelry - Shin guards and socks must be worn by all players. Jewelry will not be permitted to be worn and must be removed.
2. Coach/Player and Spectator Behavior – all coaches and players are expected to display appropriate behavior at all games. Challenging calls or talking back to officials will not be permitted. All parents/spectator are asked to refrain from shouting, yelling or coaching from the sidelines. Please be aware all parents/spectator are to sit on the sideline opposite of the player’s bench. Fighting will result in permanent suspension from the facility and removal from the league for remainder of the season and potentially future seasons without a refund.
3. Game Length - Games will consist of 55 minutes of continuous playing time. The clock starts promptly at the appointed time and will not be stopped.
4. Number of Players - 5 field players, plus a keeper.
5. Offsides - Offside rules do not apply.
6. Passing Back - Passing back to the goalie is permitted from anywhere…but the goalie is NOT permitted to pick the ball up if it is intentionally played back with the foot.
7. Ball on Ceiling - A ball hitting the ceiling or anything attached to the ceiling will be given to the opposing team on the ground closest to the offense.
8. Out of bounds touch line - Out of bounds’ balls (touch line only) are brought back into play at the point they went out. All restarts will be taken on the ground.
9. Out of bounds end line - Balls that cross the end line-Offense will get a corner kick and Defense will have a Goal kick (Keeper may restart ball with hands)
10. Blood - Blood from any wound must be stopped and fully covered before a player may be on the field of play.
11. Substitutions - Substitutions are “on the fly”. Guaranteed substitutions allowed when the ball leaves the field of play and must be completed within 20 seconds. Substitutions are not guaranteed during the final two minutes of a game.
12.Restart - Restarts and penalty kicks must be taken within five seconds.
13. Slide tackling - Slide tackling is not permitted and may result in a red card. The only exception to this rule is the goalie is permitted to slide in the box.
14. Player behavior - Intentional or violent play is not permitted. Foul or abusive language is not permitted.
15. Penalty Kicks - Penalty kicks are all direct. Minor fouls inside the box are brought outside the penalty area to the top of the arc.
16. Card's offending player will be sent off the field of play for two minutes and the offending team must play a person down. Blue card for first offense, yellow for second and red for third. On red, player leaves game and court area and team plays down 5 minutes. Red cards are considered serious and will result in at least a one game suspension and reviewed by league for possible further action.
Spectators are defined as family members of any youth soccer program participant who are coming to watch a practice or a scrimmage.
- Spectators must conduct daily symptom assessments. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Spectators need to remain 6ft. away from others at all times, unless you are with people from your own household.
- Spectators may only gather in groups of the same family/household.
- Family members must sit together, socially distanced from other individuals/family groups.
- No congregating at the Wooster Soccer Complex before or after practices or games. This includes players, coaches, athletic trainers or officials.
- Typically you would find 5 sets of bleachers spread out throughout the Wooster Soccer Complex. Those bleachers have been removed this season, please plan on bringing your own chairs or blankets to sit on while watching practices or games.
- Fields 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 12,and 13 have all been set up with dashes on the sidelines to serve as a guide for spectators to maintain an appropriate social distance from other parties.
- Please see the images for an example of how to set your chairs up while watching your child/children’s games at the complex to achieve proper social distance.
- When setting up your chairs/blankets please be sure you are behind the lines.
- If the total number of spectators allows it, please spread out as much as possible.
Individuals at the Wooster Soccer Complex must have masks with them at all times. Please see below for more specific guidelines for each type of participant.
Masks must be worn by all individuals inside the complex restroom facilities.
- Masks must be worn when you are not in the game.
- Masks must be worn on the sideline.
- Masks must be worn on arrival and departure from the complex.
- Per guidance from the Wayne County Health Department ALL COACHES MUST have a mask on their person at all times.
- Masks must be worn when interacting with players in close proximity.
- Masks must be worn when attending to an injured player.
*While a coach is in their own space and able to coach from the sideline with no participants close they do not need to have a face covering.
- Masks must be worn on the sideline when you cannot maintain 6ft distance between other spectators.
- Everyone must have a mask in their possession at all times.
- Masks must be worn in the restroom at the complex.
The complex restrooms are being cleaned 7 days a week and additionally are being disinfected with a misting machine containing a CDC approved COVID-19 sanitizing product 5 days a week.
CDC approved hand sanitizer and hand soap are available for use in the men's and women's restrooms located at the complex.
If restrooms are full please form a socially distanced line outside and wait to enter the space until room becomes available.
Masks must be worn inside all restroom facilities.
YOUTH LEAGUE DATES
FALL League - CANCELLED - Due to COVID-19
All registrations must be submitted online. No e-mail registrations will be accepted.
Payments are due at time of registration. Any questions regarding payment options contact Recreation Coordinator responsible for the Youth Soccer Program at 330-263-5207.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION - WOOSTER STUDENTS
Spring 2021, Register online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/woostercity/Home or by coming to the Recreation and Community Center to sign up in person beginning in February.
For more information about practices please refer to our activities brochure.
LEAGUE AGE GROUPS AND DIVISIONS
|1st and 2nd Grade||One Division||Boys/Girls|
|3rd and 4th Grade||A and B Divisions||Boys/Girls|
|5th and 6th Grade||A and B Divisions||Boys/Girls|
|7th and 8th Grade||A and B Divisions pending total number of registrations||Boys/Girls|
If a Club/Organization enters 2 teams in the same age group at least one team MUST be entered into the "A" division.
All Club and Travel Level players must play in the "A" division. (Exceptions to this rule based on skill level of players may be made. All requests should be directed through Wooster Recreation program director).
All league games are played at the Wooster Soccer Complex on Burbank Road.
All individuals registered in the Regional League MUST be in 7th and 8th grade.
$275.00 - 1st and 2nd Grade Teams
$300.00 - 3rd and 4th Grade Teams
$300.00 - 5th and 6th Grade Teams
$400.00 - Wayne Regional Soccer League Teams
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER LEAGUE
League Dates: Next session Summer 2021
Games would be played over the course of 7 weeks on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in June.
Registration Fee: Resident Team $250.00
Non- Resident Team $275.00
* To qualify as a resident team 80% of the team must live within or have a parent who works within the Wooster City Limits.
For High School Boys and Girls entering grades 9 - 12 in the fall. NO graduated college bound players are permitted to participate in this league.
All games will be played on Mondays or Tuesdays at 4:15, 5:30, 6:45 or 8:00pm at the Wooster Soccer Complex or WHS Follis Field.
All make up games will be played on Wednesdays or Thursdays of the same week.
Registration will be limited to the first 50 teams.
The final game schedule will be posted online
Rosters must be submitted online.
All participants must have a current participant waiver on file with our department.
Individuals are needed to officiate in our fall and spring Youth Leagues, Summer High School League, Youth Travel League and our Winter Indoor High School Futsal League. Please see the information below pertaining to each league and the opportunities available to become a certified official:
Spring League Dates: April - June (Saturdays)
Fall League Dates: September - October (Saturdays)
Age of Participants: 1st - 8th grade
Age Eligibility to Officiate: 8th Grade and older
Pay: $20.00 per game for all certified officials
$15.00 per game for all non-certified officials
Games are scheduled prior to the start of the season. All officials are asked to attend a mandatory pre-season meeting to go over league rules and expectations for the season.
Summer High School League, Youth Travel League, Winter Indoor High School Futsal League, Wooster Memorial Tournament
Summer High School League Dates: June - July (Mondays and Tuesdays)
Youth Travel League: September - October, April - June (Sundays)
Winter Indoor High School Futsal League: November - March (Sundays)
Wooster Memorial Tournament: Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend each year.
These games are assigned by our Wooster Soccer Association Referee assigner. Any individuals interested in officiating in these leagues may contact the Recreation Coordinator in charge of the Youth Soccer Program for more information.
Concussion Certification: A current certification must be on file with our department prior to beginning the season.
Youth League, Summer High School and Winter Indoor Futsal League officials will be paid at the conclusion of the season for any games officiated.
Youth Travel League officials will be paid at each game officiated.
Becoming USSF Certified:
The Ohio North Referee Committee offers a USSF NEW OFFICIALS CLINIC multiple times throughout the year. These classes take place in two parts; an online curriculum and an in person clinic.
Online Curriculum: up to $75.00
Register online at ohnrefs.org by clicking on “Becoming a Referee” under the Ohio North Classes tab at the top of the page. Read through ALL information and follow ALL necessary steps to get registered. Once you have registered, successfully completed the online material, and pass an online exam, you will receive a grade/age access code to sign up for an in-person clinic.
Please note - the online module may be completed at any time, and will go over 17 different “laws of the game.” There are review questions at the conclusion of each section and an open book online exam over all of the content. The online exam can be taken as many times as needed to pass.
In - Person Clinic:
The in-person clinic is offered in multiple locations throughout the state. Some of the clinics have up to a $25.00 charge to attend, others are free.
More information pertaining to the certification process is provided at the ohnrefs.org website. The Wooster Recreation Department does try to offer a new referee and a referee re-certification clinic locally each year.