UPDATE 7/22/2020 - FREEDLANDER POOL: MASK-WEARING POLICY
To our Freedlander Pool patrons: Per the governor’s instruction of a Statewide mask mandate, you will be required to wear a mask when:
- entering our facility
- making payment at the cashier’s desk
- while walking through the locker rooms until you reach the pool deck outside
- outdoors on the pool deck only if you are unable to maintain 6ft distance between a member not of your household.
Exceptions include children under the age of 10 and those who meet the criteria for not having to wear a mask listed in the governor's orders. We ask that you assist us in following the rules so that our facility can continue to be enjoyed for the remainder of this season.
UPDATE 6/30/2020 - Knights Field Sprayground opening July 1, 2020.
The City Administration and Recreation staff have had many discussions internally regarding aquatic facility operations for this Summer, and have been evaluating many options. We have followed and will continue to follow the State of Ohio and Governor's orders in regards to aquatic facility guidelines.
As with all City services, these types of decisions are not taken lightly. Our first priority is the safety and health of our community.
We made the decision to open Freedlander Pool on June 15 however, due to the need for expanded health and safety measures and the delay in guidance for aquatic facility regulations, Christmas Run Pool will remain closed this summer.
UPDATED AS OF 6/30/2020 Knights Field Sprayground will be opening on July 1, 2020 with limited capacity in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
We recognize the popularity and benefits of all three of our aquatic facilities to our citizens, and understand the desire for re-opening facilities for a sense of "normalcy". At the same time, we are responsible to our citizens to consider and protect their health and safety and adequately comply with the state's orders.
- Knights Field Sprayground will be open seven days a week beginning Wednesday, July 1 through Saturday, August 15.
- Facility hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 4:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Maximum facility capacity will be reduced to allow for appropriate social distance between users and based on considerations for available sprayground feature area. Users will be expected to remain at least 6 feet apart from other users not from the same household.
- Once maximum capacity is reached, families will not be admitted into the facility until their total party can be accommodated. Users will need to wait outside the facility until space becomes available.
- Users entering the facility together must be from the same household, groups may not be any bigger than ten, and every child under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or caretaker aged 16 or older.
- A one-time waiver is required prior to entry into our aquatic facilities.
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility reminding users about any State of Ohio social distancing requirements and any additional guidelines we have put into place at our facility.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted every two hours while the facility is open to the public.
- In order to allow as many people as possible to utilize the sprayground, we ask that you please limit your visit to no more than 2 hours.
- If you have questions, please contact the Recreation office M-F between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Freedlander Pool will be open seven days a week beginning Monday, June 15 through Saturday, August 15.
- Households and Lap Swimmers will be required to pre-register for two-hour sessions and at this time you will only be permitted to register for one session per day.
- Maximum facility capacity will be reduced to allow for appropriate social distance between users and based on considerations for available deck area as well as pool surface area. Deck layouts have been revised in standing and seating areas so users can remain at least 6 feet apart from others and spaces have been marked off within the facility to reflect these distancing measures. There are 28 spaces for households and individuals available with a maximum total capacity of 80-89 people per session.
- Users entering the facility together must be from the same household, groups may not be any bigger than ten, and every child under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or caretaker aged 16 or older.
- A one-time waiver is required prior to entry.
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility reminding users about any State of Ohio social distancing requirements and any additional guidelines we have put into place at our facility. Announcements will also be made over the public address system with information related to COVID-19.
- A half an hour between each session has been set aside for cleaning and disinfecting the facility prior to the beginning of the next session.
- When you arrive for your swim reservation please wait to enter the facility in your car or at one of the designated spots in line.
Per the Governor’s instruction of a Statewide mask mandate, you will be required to wear a mask when:
entering our facility
making payment at the cashier’s desk
while walking through the locker rooms until you reach the pool deck outside
outdoors on the pool deck only if you are unable to maintain 6ft distance between a member not of your household.
*Exceptions include children under the age of 10 and those who meet the criteria for not having to wear a mask listed in the governors’ orders. We ask that you assist us in following the rules so that our facility can continue to be enjoyed for the remainder of this season.
- Masks are not recommended while swimming.
- There will be one point of entry into the facility (front doors leading to cashier’s station) and one point of exit out of the facility (will be designated with EXIT sign).
- Restroom use will be limited to one household at a time.
- Please remember you will be expected to remain 6ft apart from all individuals (other than members of your household) at all times.
- Pedestrian traffic will be limited to one-way around the facility at all times. Directional arrows will provide you with guidance.
- Changing stalls, lockers and showers will not be available this season. Please plan to arrive wearing your bathing suit and to change after exiting the facility.
- Public use lounge chairs will not be available this summer. If you wish to have a chair, please bring your own.
- Announcements over the public service address will be made instructing users on when and how to exit the facility.
- There will be no Lost & Found. Any items left at the end of your two hour time session will be discarded. Please be sure to check your area thoroughly for your belongings prior to exiting the facility.
Child Under 3 = Free
Child 3-17 = $2
Adult 18-64 = $4
Adult 65 & older = $2
- No city pool passes will be sold for the 2020 season.
- YMCA memberships from the Wooster YMCA location only will be honored for entry into Freedlander Pool and Knights Field Sprayground and all paid admissions into Freedlander Pool and Knights Field Sprayground will allow for UNLIMITED entry into the YMCA Ellen Shapiro Natatorium through December 31, 2020.
- Payment will be accepted at the time of entry into the pool facility.
- Cash, check and credit/debit cards accepted (except for American Express).
- There will be four, two-hour sessions per day that will be open to the public.
- Session 1: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Session 2: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Session 3: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Session 4: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Reservations for each session are limited based on maximum capacity and the total number of blocks available to maintain required social distancing between households.
- Blocks are available in the Main Pool, Baby Pool and for individual lap swimmers.
- Only one, two-hour time session per day per person is permitted at this time.
- Sessions will be made available to reserve ahead of time up to two weeks in advance.
- No payment will be necessary at the time of your reservation. However we do ask that you cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend the pool so that your block can be filled by another family or individual lap swimmer.
- In order to verify you were the individual that made the reservation please be ready to show your ID when entering the facility.
- If you have questions on how to reserve a household or lap swim block during open swim hours, please contact the Recreation office M-F between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Each adult, age 18 and older, will be required to sign a one-time waiver (on behalf of themselves and their children/wards) prior to entry. Any caretaker under the age of 18 will also be required to submit a waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
- The waiver can be filled out prior to arrival and turned in at the cashier’s station.
- Each adult will be given a tag to place on your keychain that will show that a valid waiver is on file. Please present this to the cashier each time you enter the facility.
- This tag will also allow you entry into the YMCA Ellen Shapiro Natatorium through December 31, 2020.
No private pool rentals will be offered for the 2020 season.
Session times will not be altered for severe weather (Freedlander Pool only).
The pool / sprayground will be cleared for 20 minutes if there is thunder and for 30 minutes after each lightning strike. Time does not add, it starts over when one of these instances occurs.
Should you pay to enter the facility and severe weather occurs any time prior to the last 30 minutes of your session*, any paid users will be offered a raincheck to reenter the facility on another day. If you choose to stay for your session, if thunder occurs, the pool / sprayground will be cleared and you will be permitted to stay on deck. However, if lightning strikes you will be required to exit the facility and go to your vehicle. Should you choose to wait out the lightning, you will be notified when you will be able to reenter the facility. If the first thunder and or lightning occur during the last 30 minutes of your session, you will be asked to exit the facility and rainchecks will not be provided.
Normally, rainchecks are not offered for any reason. However, our staff felt that this year with the 2-hour limits in place, this was a way to ensure that our users are getting the full value out of their daily admission fees.
If you would like to cancel your reservation, please do so online or if you would like to contact our office to cancel or ask any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at (330)263-5207 or email@example.com.
*Sprayground users please inquire at the desk for raincheck policy.
Due to the unique nature of this summer we will only be offering Masters Swimming and Swim Team programs.
Information will be updated on this site and announced on City social media channels as necessary. Please be aware that City of Wooster aquatic facility policies are subject to change and adjustments may be made throughout the Summer in accordance with local, State of Ohio and Federal guidelines and in order to best serve our community.
Please check the City of Wooster’s website and social media for any updates on session reservations and facility policies. Questions regarding City of Wooster aquatic facilities can be directed to the Recreation Department at (330)263-5207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.