Have you scheduled your vaccine appointment yet?
City Hall, the Community Center and the Safety Center have been opened to the public. We continue to encourage our residents to continue to use deposit boxes, mail or online submissions for payments and permits.
Per the latest CDC guidelines and the State order, masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. For unvaccinated individuals, the State Health Order recommends continuing to wear masks indoors when it is not possible to maintain six feet of physical distancing.
City Hall does have a new kiosk in the lobby which replaces our customer service person. Individuals will need to use the kiosk in order to reach the Division they need.
The City will continue to follow any guidance from the Governor's office, as well as that of other public health authorities, as we develop the specifics of further plans.
For Payments, use the drop box to the right of the City Hall main entrance door.
Please do not put payments in the envelope holder.
Utility payments may be made online at htts://www.iwebms.net/woosteroh or by phone at 330-263-2126.
To schedule an appointment, please contact the person or department via phone or email:
- Mayor’s Office:330-263-5245 email@example.com
- Director of Administration: 330-263-5244 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: 330-263-5254 email@example.com
- Utility Billing office: 330-263-5228 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Department: 330-263-5228 email@example.com
- Police Department: Emergency 911 or Police Dispatch 330-287-5702
You can also contact us online by using the CONTACT form on our website - https://www.woosteroh.com/contact
Additional online services are as follows:
- Taxes: https://www.woosteroh.com/finance/tax-information-forms
- Permitting (Building & Zoning): https://woosteroh.viewpointcloud.com
Promotion and education for citizens and customers will continue to be posted on the following online platforms:
- Website www.woosteroh.com
- Facebook www.facebook.com/cityofwooster
- Twitter www.twitter.com/cityofwooster
- Instagram www.instagram.com/cityofwooster
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/cityofwooster
Wooster Community Hospital video update on What You Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine
Links to services:
WCH COVID-19 Q&A Call-in Line: 330.287.5924
Curbside Prescription Pick-up: https://www.woosterhospital.org/services/pharmacy/
Telehealth/WCH TodayCare: https://www.woosterhospital.org/telehealth-todaycare/
Urgent Care/NowClinic: https://www.woosterhospital.org/services/providers-wch-affiliated/nowcl…
All police, fire and EMS services are in operation.
All Police, Fire and EMS services are in operation.
The Wooster Division of Fire is open.
What to do if you suspect you have COVID-19
The vast majority of patients have mild/moderate symptoms and don’t require hospitalization.
Mild symptoms, stay home
Please stay home, self-isolate, and follow prevention measures to avoid infecting others.
While at home:
- Practice frequent hand hygiene
- Limit close contact with other people and pets
- Do not share utensils, dishes, or drinking cups.
Worsening Symptoms, call first:
Before you go to a facility, we recommend you do one of the following to determine if you meet the CDC criteria for a COVID-19 test or to rule out another healthcare condition causing your symptoms
- Call your Primary Care Provider
- Have a virtual visit using the WCH Today Care app
- Call the ODH at 1-833-427-5634.
The current CDC guidelines for testing are for patients that meet specific criteria. WCH is currently only able to test patients who are sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. As testing becomes more available, we will communicate this.
Severe symptoms, dial 9-1-1
If you’re experiencing severe symptoms, visit the Emergency Department or call 9-1-1.
Below you will find information regarding rentals at the Chalet at Freedlander Park and park pavilions.
This information will continue to be updated online as needed and shared on our social media channels.
Rentals – Park Pavilions
- Rentals for 2021 are being accepted on a first come, first serve basis at the Wooster Community Center or by calling (330)263-5207 beginning Monday, January 4, 2021. Payment will be required to secure the rental date, however, individuals interested in renting a pavilion may only do so with the understanding that if cancellation of their rental occurs due to the restrictions in place at that time, refunds will not be issued.
- Due to current COVID - 19 restrictions, reservations for events are being made only if all guidelines and mandates by the Ohio Department of Health can be followed.
Rentals - The Chalet at Freedlander Park
- We are currently taking reservations for The Chalet at Freedlander Park!
- Please call the Wooster Recreation and Community Center with any questions at 330-263-5207.
Parks maintenance operations will continue and City parks are open for walking, jogging, running and hiking as long as users abide by social distancing guidelines.
Please adhere to all health and safety measures at our newly re-opened facilities in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Special Event, Block Party & Stage Permit Modifications Related to COVID-19
Events meeting the criteria in which a Special Event Permit is required include parades, 5K’s, concerts, etc.
The City of Wooster is now accepting permit applications. Event coordinators can file their permit online at https://woosteroh.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1076.
Since there have been multiple event cancellations in light of COVID-19, the City of Wooster is advising that residents and visitors reach out to the event organizers prior to the scheduled event date if you are planning to attend an event in the City of Wooster.
City Council meetings returned to in person meetings on June 7, 2021..
Bid opening is now open to the public. Bid results are published on the Engineering webpage shortly after the bid opening.
Board and Commission Meetings are in-person. Check the City Public Events & Meetings Calendar for scheduled meetings. https://www.woosteroh.com/city-public-events-meetings
Please check here periodically for updates.
City council meetings returned to in person meetings on June 7, 2021. Meetings will continue to be available for viewing on the City's YouTube channel and MCTV.
MCTV viewing is as follows:
Wednesday & Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. & 11:30 p.m.
Thursday & Friday mornings at 7:30 a.m.
Thursday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
Friday afternoon at 2:00 p.m.