Q: How do I reserve a pavilion?
A: The park pavilions are always free for the public to use. However, if you would like to assure the use of a reservable pavilion (see below) for a specific day you may pay a reservation fee. Please call the Wooster Recreation & Community Center at (330)263-5207 for fees and availability. These fees are non-refundable.

Q: When do you begin taking reservations and what dates are available?
A: Pavilion reservations for the calendar year will be accepted beginning on the first business day of January. Pavilions can be reserved for dates falling between April 1st - October 31st. Any usage before or after these dates will be on a first come, first serve basis.

Q: What pavilions can I reserve?

  • Reservable Pavilions:
    • Christmas Run #1 West
    • Christmas Run #1 East
    • Christmas Run Finn Pavilion
    • Christmas Run  Serving Area - this area may be reserved when renting out either 1 East or 1 West at Christmas Run
    • Cohan Pavilion
    • Freedlander Birthday House
    • Freedlander Dave Houser Pavilion
    • Knights Field Pavilion
    • Oak Hill Pavilion
      ***Otherwise, park pavilions are available on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the chance of inclement weather Restroom and electric availability are not guaranteed in April or October ***
      * Serving area may be reserved when reserving either 1 East or 1 West at Christmas Run

Q: What hours can I reserve a pavilion?
A: Pavilions are reserved only once per day and you are guaranteed a pavilion from 8am - 9pm. We will post all rentals on the pavilion bulletin board weekly.

Q: Is there a guarantee on the condition of the pavilion?  
A: Payment of the fee reserves your use of the pavilion on the designated date. Pavilion rental does not guarantee the condition of the pavilion. Pavilions and restrooms are cleaned on a regular basis, however renters should plan to arrive early to inspect and possibly clean the pavilion prior to use. All pavilions are normally equipped with grills and electric; however, we cannot guarantee it and suggest that you inspect the pavilions for any problems.

Q: What if someone is using our reserved pavilion when we arrive?
A: Please present them with your permit for reservation and kindly ask them to leave or move to another pavilion. Most of the time, this can be handled amicably. In the rare occurrence that someone is refusing to leave the pavilion during the time that you have it reserved, please contact the Police Dispatcher at 330-287-5700, and ask to speak with a police officer. FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 9-1-1.

Q: What is the refund policy for reserving pavilions?
A: There will be NO refunds. The fee charged is to reserve the pavilion--not to rent it. You may transfer your reservation within the season as long as you contact the Recreation Department at least one week prior to the date of reservation, and the pavilion and/or date you are transferring to is available. NO refunds will be given for unfavorable weather conditions or unfavorable conditions of the pavilion. Also, please note that pools are not guaranteed to be open on the day of your event. Please check with the Recreation office prior to reserving your pavilion.

Q: How much does it cost to rent the Freedlander Chalet?
A: We no longer rent out the Freedlander Chalet.

Q: How much does it cost to rent the Wooster Community Room?
A: The Community Room is $150.00 for 4 hours. The use of the kitchen is an additional $50.00. Additional hours past the first four initial hours are $30.00 each.

Q: What are the hours at the Community Center?
A: Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. We are closed every Saturday, Sunday and major holidays.

Q: What are the phone numbers for the city pools?
A: Christmas Run: 330-262-2891, Freedlander: 330-345-8334, Knight's Field Sprayground: 330-262-8468

Q: What are the daily admission fees for the city pools?
A: Adult: $7.00, Child: $5.00

Q: Where can I purchase a pool pass?
A: Wooster Community Center located at 241 S Bever St. Wooster, Buehler’s Milltown or Buehler’s Towne Market. Pool passes purchased at Wooster Community Center will be printed on site. Pool passes purchased at the Buehler’s locations can be picked up at the pool specified by the customer.

Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
A: Cash, Check, Credit Card & Money Order (Community Center); Cash & Checks ONLY (City Pools)

Q: What qualifies one as a resident of Wooster?
A: If one lives within the corporation limits of Wooster or an adult living in one's household works within the corporation limits of Wooster, he/she is considered a resident.

Q: If I have a Wooster address, am I considered a resident?
A: Not necessarily, a Wooster mailing address does not mean you reside within the corporate limits of the city.

Q: What is the City Subsidized Taxi Program?
A: The City Subsidized Taxi Program is for residents who live in the Wooster City Corporation limits. Qualification is based on an individual's household income and proof of financial assistance. Please call 330-264-8677 or visit Community Action for an application and more details.

Q: What is your youth scholarship policy?
A: If a child, ages 2 - 17, lives within the Wooster City Corporation limits and receives free or reduced lunches or has a Medicaid card, the child can receive 50% or up to $20.00 off one of our programs once every brochure. A child can also receive a scholarship pool pass for $20.00. The lunch letter or Medicaid card must be presented at time of registration.

Q: Do you need to purchase a membership to the Wooster Community Center in order to participate in its activities and events?
A: There are no memberships to the Wooster Community Center. You pay for what you would like to do. Some activities are free to those who are 50 and older. Please see our brochure for details

Q: How do I purchase a Fitness Room Membership?
A: The Fitness Room is for adults 50 and older. Before purchasing a membership, one must sign up for a fitness room orientation. After the orientation, one may purchase a monthly or yearly membership. Resident - $12 month or $75 year, Non-Resident - $14 month or $85 year

Q: How old do you have to be to participate in the Older Adult activities?
A: 50 and up

Q: How does the wait list process work?
A: If an activity is full, we can place your name on a wait list. You will ONLY be contacted if an opening becomes available. Payment is needed only if registration can be accepted. Please contact the Wooster Recreation and Community Services Department if you would like to be placed on a wait list.

Q: Directions to the Wooster Community Center.
A: We are located at: 241 S Bever St, Wooster, OH 44691.


Q: Directions to Gault Recreation Center.
A: Located at 515 Oldman Rd., Wooster, OH 44691