The Law Division provides professional legal services to the City government by representing and providing legal advice to the Mayor, City Council, and all City departments and commissions. It also provides services to Wooster Community Hospital and Wayne Ashland Regional Council of Governments (WARCOG).
The City of Wooster Law Department does not provide legal advice or services to private parties. Those needing legal assistance should contact private attorneys or Community Legal Aid Services at (866) 584-2350.
- Draft, Revise, Amend City Ordinances and Resolutions
- Attend Council & Committee Meetings
Labor | Employment | Negotiations
- Civil Service, hiring, firing
- Discipline, Grievances, Arbitrations
Loss Reports | Insurance Claims
Administration | Management | Operations
- Respond to legal questions/issues
- Crisis issues
- Legal advisor to Wooster Community Hospital and WARCOG
- Draft, revise, review contracts and agreements
- Building Code Violations
- Small Claims