The Human Resources Department provides direct service and policy direction to all city employees in accordance with the policies and programs of the City of Wooster. If you have further questions about the City of Wooster Human Resources and/or the services provided, please feel free to contact us.
Human Resources Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide exceptional customer service through all aspects of the human resources profession for all city of Wooster employees and external customers.
City of Wooster Mission Statement
The mission of the City of Wooster is to partner with our community to deliver services, conserve resources, protect quality of life, and plan for the future. We will endeavor to accomplish this mission in the most efficient and fiscally responsible manner possible, and in accordance to the City of Wooster’s Core Values.
- Accountability – We accept responsibility for our personal and organizational decisions and actions. We will deliver cost effective and efficient services with the objective of doing our work right the first time. We are concerned about our natural, historic, economic and aesthetic resources and endeavor to enhance their sustainability for future generations.
- Continuous Improvement – We provide the highest quality service with the resources available by promoting innovation and flexibility to meet the changing needs in the community.
- Leadership & Management – We value the importance of serving as a role model and mentor within the organization and community. We make decisions that show responsible management of all our resources.
- Respect & Communication – We are honest and treat our coworkers and the public with courtesy and dignity. We promote professional and friendly communication while providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Honesty & Integrity – We set high standards for our personal, professional, and organizational conduct and act with integrity as we strive to attain our mission.
- Stewardship & Trust – We understand our responsibility to use public funds wisely. We will faithfully deliver services and make decisions that will meet the citizen’s needs. We commit to our core values and will openly communication with the public and solicit feedback in order to achieve our goals.
- Safety – We use education, prevention, and enforcement methods to protect life and property in our business and residential neighborhoods. Our safety awareness will maintain our infrastructure and facilities to provide a safe environment in which to live and work.