Important Income Tax Changes for Filing Your 2016 Return
- Due Date April 18, 2017
- Front page of Federal 1040 must be attached to your return
- Penalty is 15% of tax due
- Interest is .42% per month
- Late filing fee of $25.00 per month up to $150.00
- Refund or tax due of less than $10.00 is not payable
Interest Rate Information
Interest rate for tax year 2017 is 6%.
Interest rate for tax year 2016 is 5%.
Ohio Revised Code 718.27 requires that municipalities set the interest rate for delinquent unpaid tax liabilities at the federal short-term rate (rounded to the nearest whole number percent) plus 5 percent (5%). Interest shall be imposed per annum on all unpaid income tax, unpaid estimated income tax, and unpaid withholding tax. The interest rate shall apply to the calendar year following the July of the year in which the federal short-term rate is determined.
Tax Rate: Effective January 1,2014 the income tax rate is 1.5% .
For More Information:
Visit our FAQ
Please mail all correspondence and remittance to:
City of Wooster- Income Tax Department
PO Box 1088
Wooster, OH 44691